Formed in 2009, the J.E. Goldberg Group has supported the needs of global corporations, small businesses, political parties, and trade associations.
Principal Officer Joe Goldberg has worked in intelligence and politics his entire career. As a CIA officer, corporate intelligence director, international political consultant, and teacher, he has a unique perspective on the world.
Joe has 30 years experience in public and corporate strategy, communications, media research, and competitive intelligence. He has managed or advised dozens of international political campaigns and messaging programs in Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and Africa.
Joe is a best-selling fiction author.
He teaches as an adjunct faculty instructor at The University of Iowa (political campaigns) and the College of DuPage (mass communications).
Previously, he was Senior Director, Intelligence in Motorola’s Corporate Strategy Office where he was responsible for worldwide intelligence processes, competitive analysis and collection. He began his career at Motorola in 1993. While at Motorola, Joe supported a number of corporate and business functions including: crisis communications, public relations, business development, venture investing, new product development, legal and human resource initiatives.
Prior to joining Motorola, he worked for the Central Intelligence Agency for eight years where he was involved in all facets of information collection, media and political analysis.
Before joining the government, he worked in the Media and Business Research departments of Frank N. Magid & Associates, a leading media research and consultation firm, based in Marion, Iowa.
- Vice President, University of Iowa Political Science Advisory Board.
- Secretary of the Board of Directors of WorldChicago, a non-profit organization that promotes mutual understanding and appreciation between cultures through citizen diplomacy.
- Chairman, CI Fellows
- Chair, Council of CI Professionals
- Vice Chair, WorldChicago
- President of the Board of Directors, Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP), 2008.
- Recipient of the 2013 Meritorious Award recognizing a single individual who has made significant and meritorious contributions to the intelligence profession. It is the associations’ highest honor.
- Recipient of the 2006 SCIP’s Fellow’s Award for “exceptional efforts to promote and assist both the intelligence profession and SCIP.”
- B.R. Ryall YMCA Board of Directors 2002-2004
- Adjunct Instructor: University of Iowa, College of DuPage
- Author of the Amazon best seller, award thriller finalist “Secret Wars: An Espionage Story.”
- Frequent speaker.
Joe received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, and Communications and Theatre Arts, from the University of Iowa, and a Master of Arts degree from Iowa in Communications.